Date Posted: 15:15:25 2021-10-11
Location: Embro, Ontario, Canada
Contact Person: Mayblossom Farms Inc.
Company/Business Name: Mayblossom Farms Inc.
Company: Mayblossom Farms Inc.
Business information: We are a dairy farm in Embro, ON. Our principal activity is the production of cow milk and cultivating crops (corn, alfalfa, soybeans) for animal feed. We have 150 milking cows.
The position requires working with all the types of production of the farm.
Business address: 316079 31st Line RR3, Embro, ON, N0J 1J0
Work Location: Same as above and other farm properties: 36471 33rd Line, Embro, ON, N0J 1J0; 335832 33rd Line, Embro, ON, N0J 1J0; 296135 29th Line, ON, Lakeside, N0M 2G0; 276161 27th Line, ON, Lakeside, N0M 2G0 and 843579 Rd. 84, Lakeside, ON, N0M 2G0
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Monitoring animal health
· Maintain quality control and production records
· Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
· Co-ordinate and supervise the work of dairy farm workers
· Provide support in general farm duties
· Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
· Recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
· Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations (animal feed crops)
· Handling animals
· Manage the farm when owners are away
· Drive pulling tractor to spread manure on fields
- Language: English is required
Education: Completion of high school is required
Experience: At least two years of experience as a farm herdsperson/labourer working with cattle or a post-secondary certificate is required.
- Knowledge of food safety and Good Manufacturing Practices is an asset.
- Valid driver's licence is required
Ability to Supervise: 3-4 people
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Large workload, Handling heavy loads, Overtime required
Personal Suitability: Excellent written communication, Organized, Team player, Excellent oral communication, Ability to multitask
-Work Site Environment: Hot, Dusty, Outdoors, Odours, Wet/damp
-Work Location Information: Rural Area, Remote location.
-Type of Farm Operations: Dairy
-Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Salary: $16.35 to $18.35 hourly, 40-60 Hours per week.
Benefits: Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Accommodation provided at a discounted rate.
Important Information: Flexibility is required. This position will require working 8-10 hours per day, in two regular shifts: Morning shifts are from 5:30 am to 1:00 pm daily, in a 14-day period with 2 days off on a rotational basis. Afternoon shifts are from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm, 3 times per week. Weekend work will be required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 316079 31st Line RR3, Embro, ON, N0J 1J0
: $16.35 to $18.35 hourly, 40-60 Hours per week