Date Posted: 16:00:37 2021-11-29
Location: Landmark, Manitoba, Canada
Contact Person: Unity Trust
Company/Business Name: Unity Trust
Company: Unity Trust
Business Information: Unity Trust is a company dedicated to providing poultry services. Unity Trust began in 1992 with a team of diverse individuals who specialize in poultry movement and vaccination, we were known as "Unity Catchers"
Business Location: 29119 Ste Annes Rd., Landmark, MB, R0A 0X0
Work Location: Various locations across Manitoba and Saskatchewan
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Catch and load/unload poultry out of the predetermined assigned poultry barns. Poultry is raised on floor or in cages.
• Load poultry in modules, crates, cages, and carts.
• Maintain and clean facilities, farm infrastructure, and equipment
• Follow food safety, security and animal bio-security procedures
• Vaccinate birds when needed as part of animal health procedures
• Ensure that the catching and removal of all birds from inside the barns is done in a safe, timely and ethically manner
• May drive from one location to another
-Education: Not required
-Experience is an asset
-On-the-job-training will be provided
-Driver’s license is an asset
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Large workload, Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Walking; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling, Standing for extended periods of time, Handling heavy loads, Tight deadlines.
- Personal suitability: Organized, Team player, Flexibility
- Work site environment: Mostly indoors but can outdoors for limited periods, Noisy, Dusty, Hot, Wet/damp, Odours
- Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg.
- Language: Basic level of English is required.
Salary: $19.00 hourly, 30-50 hours per week
Benefits: Medical and Dental benefits provided. Disability, Life, and Group insurance provided. Travel expenses will be covered by the employer if the worker needs to relocate. Transportation supplied to and from work locations. Staff accommodation available at a cost. Room and Board will be provided when work trips are between 1-3 days or more.
Important Information: The chosen candidates will work 5-6 days per week. The regular schedule will be from Monday to Friday. The working hours will be set anywhere between 6 am to 5 pm. However, flexibility on schedule is needed as some days will start earlier and others finish later. Weekend work, evening/night shifts, and overtime may be required depending on the business needs and weather. In the event the worker works 7 days a week, then, the next week the worker will only work 5 days a week. **We guarantee that the workers will work a minimum of 30 hours per week in summer and winter.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: Box 440, Landmark, MB, R0A 0X0
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Chicken Catcher**