Date Posted: 15:07:50 2020-07-01
Location: Delta, BC, Canada
Contact Person: Origin Organic Farms Inc.
Company/Business Name: Origin Organic Farms Inc.
Company: Origin Organic Farms Inc.
Business information: Certified producer of organic tomatoes, cucumbers and bell peppers. We currently have two greenhouses located in Langley and Delta, BC, which consist of 23 acres of farming land altogether.
Business Location: 6225- 34B Ave, Delta, BC, V4L 2N8
Work Location: Same as above and occasional work in our second farm in Langley: 21333 – 48th Ave, Langley, BC, V3A 3M6
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Manage overall operation of farm
• Organize and co-ordinate planting, cultivating and crop harvesting activities
• Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings
• Establish marketing programs,
• Maintain financial and production records
• Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers
• Perform general farm duties
• Plan production budget
• Provide accurate forecast
• Manage pest control
• Monitor climate control system (PRIVA)
• Generate various performance reports
• Travel to and from the second farm to perform job duties
Type of Crops: Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Bell peppers. Organic farming.
-Education: Completion of high school is required.
-Experience: At least three years of experience as a farm worker and/or farm supervisor are required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary certificate in agricultural management or other field related to crop production will be required.
-Driver’s license is required
-Working conditions and physical capabilities: Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Tight deadlines, Standing for extended periods, Work under pressure,
Bending, crouching, kneeling, Physically demanding, Large workload, Handling heavy loads
-Personal suitability: Initiative, Judgement, Flexibility, Team player, Organized, Values and ethics, Excellent oral communication, Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent written communication
- Salary: A minimum salary of $28.85 per hour / $60 000 per year is guaranteed for 40 hours per week. Overtime work will be required.
-Benefits: Dental and Extended Medical Insurance provided. A vehicle for transportation will be provided. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
The worker must have flexible availability, weekends and/or holidays. A minimum of 30 hours per week is guaranteed regardless of the weather condition. Work schedule is based on the business’ needs.
Apply Online OR
Apply by mail to: 6225- 34B Ave, Delta, BC, V4L 2N8
Apply by fax: 604-940-3968